If you’re wanting to create a healthier home through renovations, Solatube skylights are a fantastic solution. Introduce more natural light into the home to make the space brighter and happier, and as a means of lowering your overall electrical lighting use during the day. Solatube skylights can reduce energy costs, improve the look and feel of a space, and create a healthier home.
If you’re considering renovating, Solatube skylights are a cost-effective way to improve overall levels of natural light. Below, we’ve listed a few considerations to guide you through choosing Solatube skylights during your upcoming home renovation.
Budget and design aesthetic
The first consideration for your project will be your budget. If you aren’t working with an unlimited budget, talk to one of the specialists at Hometech to get an opinion on ideal Solatube placement. We can come to your home and consult with you on how best to light your home.
Solatube provide natural sunlight through their high-tech design. Prisms deflect harsh light to provide a consistent level of light through the day. For areas of the home requiring different types of lighting, we can add a dimmer switch so you can brighten or dim your Solatube as you like (particularly good for living rooms!). You can also add an electric light fitting for use during the night, to make any trips to the kitchen or bathroom well-lit and safe.
Location and limitations
Another key benefit of Solatube skylights is their ability to disperse greater levels of natural light throughout a home in comparison to windows or traditional bulbs. Dual Lens Array technology within Solatube incorporates special lenses that spread the light right around your room. This is why one Solatube can make a substantial difference even rooms that would traditionally require multiple, harsh lightbulbs. This also provides greater flexibility with where you want to position your Solatube skylights.
When you’re planning your renovation, Identify the direction and quality of light received by your home during the day, as this will help determine placement and any limitations of your home’s positioning. Look at how your preferred daylighting system integrates with your existing structure, and how you’ll fit these in to the finished home.
How to create healthier spaces with natural light
Hometech has helped thousands of Kiwis install natural light solutions in their homes, creating healthier environments for families across the country. Our Solatube skylights use cutting-edge technology to absorb and direct sunlight throughout your home, previously dark spaces will come alive for a brighter, healthier space.
This is because our Solatube skylights are lined with Spectralight Infinity, a special super-reflective material that bounces light through the Solatube and into your home. A 3-metre long Solatube will only lose 3 per cent of the light it receives - the other 97 per cent is beamed straight into your home!
If you’d like to talk to one of experts about your upcoming renovation, contact Hometech today to learn more about our Solatube skylights and Solatube products, and how we can help you make the most of your home’s lighting.