Christmas is almost here which means we have entered the time of year when there is so much to do in so little time. If the thought of climbing into the attic and pulling the Christmas tree and decorations out seems a little too hard (especially when access is tight), or if it’s buried in your garage or cupboard under all sorts of other things, we hear you. Here are five reasons why installing Hometech’s attic stairs will make the job a whole lot easier, on yourself and your home.
1. Fast, easy access to and from the attic. Make getting the Christmas tree and decorations into your lounge a quick and easy job instead of a time-consuming one. With ceiling opening options of 1300mm long and 700mm wide, even the biggest tree will fit through that space. If your Christmas gear lives in your garage or cupboard, under a pile of stuff, consider making the most of the unused space in your roof – you’ll be surprised how much room it will free up.
2. Hometech stairs come with a guarantee of safety for ease of use at any age, as the wooden deluxe and metal models come with a built-in handrail on the underside of the hatch door. This gives you extra stability when you climb up the stairs, making the ladder safer and more stable. Other homeowners have found this particularly useful when holding heavy or awkward sized objects, particularly when Christmas related, giving them extra confidence to use the attic stairs on their own.
3. Quality. Manufactured to the highest European quality standards, with high grade European pine, Hometech’s attic stairs come with a fully insulated hatch door, which will keep the heat in the attic rather than let it into the house – perfect as we head into summer. If you’re worried about the heat trapped in your attic however, consider installing a solar-powered ventilation system on the roof. Insulated hatch doors also help keep the rest of the house warm in winter, as draughts won’t be able to get through.
4. Scratch resistant. Hometech’s attic ladders remain stable, won’t scratch your flooring, and for added stability the wooden deluxe and metal ladders come installed with plastic stile ends that lie flush with the floor. These plastic stiles not only provide additional safety, as the ladder is less likely to wobble, they also go some way to protect the floor they land on. Getting the dirty old ladder out from the shed to get your Christmas tree and decorations down will now be a thing of the past.
5. Smart, clean design. Hometech’s European partner FAKRO has taken as much care as possible to put all the mechanisms of the stairs on the inside, so that they aren’t noticeable on the outside. This even goes so far as to design a metal pole to unlock and re-lock the stairs. The tiny 10mm hole is inconspicuous, giving you peace of mind to store more costly items in the roof space if you wish.
If you’re interested in getting your hands on these innovative attic stairs, visit Hometech online today to find out more, including ordering them for your home. Hometech offers free consultations and quotes, so why not book a time for a Hometech specialist to visit your home and answer all your questions about how you could use the FAKRO folding attic stairs to unlock your attic space. Get in touch today!