Solatube Daylighting System
Thousands of Kiwis have installed Solatube skylights in their home. Here's why
Only accepts the right type of sunlight
The dome on top of the Solatube is not just for show. You will notice bands running around the Solatube dome. These have two jobs and are actually small prisms that have been designed to capture more light and direct it into your home, and reject harsher midday sun. This is how the Solatube consistently delivers natural light.
The coolest technology
Solatube's industry-leading daylighting technology delivers an unparalleled transfer of natural light, with minimum heat gain. It does this by taking out infrared wavelengths before they can be transferred through the tube, getting rid of heat before it ever enters your home. So it's perfect for hot climates and warmer months, where it reduces cooling loads on heating and cooling systems.
Lined with the most reflective material in the world to deliver more light
Solatubes are lined with Spectralight Infinity, a special super reflective material that bounces light through the Solatube and into your home. Because Spectralight Infinity is the most reflective material in the world a 3 metre long Solatube will only lose 3% of the light that is received from the dome. The other 97% is beamed straight into your home.
Light your room on your terms
Once the light reaches the ceiling of the room, there are two special lenses that spread the light right around your room. This is why one Solatube can make a substantial difference even in rooms that usually require multiple light bulbs.
Available in multiple sizes
Based on the room you want to brighten up you will require different sized Solatubes. This is because larger, more open plan rooms like kitchens, lounges and media rooms will require a larger Solatube or even 2 small Solatubes. A smaller Solatube is appropriate for small rooms like hallways, ensuites, utilities and walk in wardrobes.
Accessories that are almost too good to believe
To make your Solatube even better we have a full range of accessories. We can add a dimmer switch so you can brighten or dim your Solatube as you like (particularly good for media rooms). You can add an electric light fitting for night time use, and we've even got a handy night light that mimics the feel of moonlight. This is perfect for late night trips to the bathroom, or to the kitchen for snacks.
See the transformation for yourself
Slide the green bars back and forth to see the difference a Solatube makes
Find the right Solatube for you
What other Kiwis say about Solatube
As you know this product is amazing . . . I walked around the corner to go downstairs this morning, forgetting all about the new addition and I thought I had left the light is on. But no, it was the Solatube doing what it does best. Thank you.
Sandy Williams, Pakuranga
We just wanted to say how impressed I was with the service we have received from Solatube and especially your installer Kerry recently. It was super prompt, efficient and our overall experience has been a pleasure. We would happily recommend SolaTube to anyone considering a daylight system. Thank you again.
Shannon & Ben Wilson
Absolutely delighted. Wish I knew about Solatube 5 years ago.
Judy Chandler Jones, Kapiti
Amazing amount of light with little hassle.
Lis Pederson, Nelson
Ready to get a Solatube in your home?
Book a free in-home consultation where one of our certified installation consultants will help you decide where you should put your Solatube and which one you really need.